Answered By: Amy LaVertu Last Updated: Jul 01, 2016 Views: 18
Answered By: Amy LaVertu
Last Updated: Jul 01, 2016 Views: 18
To send article citations from PubMed into EndNote or RefWorks, follow the instructions below:
- Open an EndNote library. Perform search in PubMed and select citations to import.
- Click on Send to, which is located on the upper right side of the screen. Select Citation manager and then Create File.
- Select Open with and select the EndNote program file. This is likely found under your computer's "Program Files" folder and will be named "EndNote.exe". Check the box labeled Do this automatically from now on, then select OK.
- EndNote will open a "Choose an Import Filter" window. The PubMed (NLM) filter will be highlighted. Select Choose. Citations will now appear in the Endnote library.
- Go to PubMed and perform a search. Use the checkboxes to select individual references.
- Click on Send to, which islocated on the upper right side of the screen. Select Citation manager and then Create File.
- Select Save File. Save file to your computer.
- In RefWorks, select References from the toolbar at the very top of the RefWorks screen. Then select Import.
- In the Import References window, under From Text File, select the following:
- Under Import Filter/Data Source, select NLM PubMed.
- Under Database, PubMed should appear.
- Select the Browse button to locate and select the file you saved from PubMed.Select the file and hit Open.